Do I really need a trial lawyer for a personal injury claim? What should I do right after a car accident? How much does it cost to hire a trial lawyer? These are some of the most common questions we get from new clients. We answer these and other questions in our personal injury FAQs.
- Page 1
What can I expect at my first meeting with you?
At Larrick Law Firm PC, we offer a free initial consultation to accident victims who are considering hiring a trial lawyer to represent them in a personal injury claim. Whether you visit our office in Austin or we meet at a location that is more convenient for you, we like to take this opportunity to get to know you and your case. We also want you to get to know us.
Goals of the First Meeting
We know that you have probably never been through this process before, and you may have concerns about your rights or even be confused about the legal process. Before you decide whether to hire us or not, we want you to be comfortable with us. We understand that it is a privilege to work for you, and we will make every effort to put your concerns to rest.
We believe you should only hire a trial lawyer if you are completely comfortable with him or her. Therefore, we will take as much time as you need during our first meeting to answer all of your questions and make sure you are happy with your decisions.
We also want to fully understand your case and your legal goals so we can give you a good idea of what we can do to help. We encourage clients to bring the following information, if available, with them to the first meeting:
- Medical records, including doctor bills, admission sheets, and prescriptions
- Police report of the accident
- Vehicle/bicycle information
- Witness information, including names and contact information
Even if you don’t have this information, our first meeting can be very productive. If you decide to hire us, we will get to work on your case right away.
When Should You Call?
We want to get an early start on your case to protect the evidence and protect the truth. Remember, you are under no obligation to hire us after our initial consultation, so you have nothing to lose. As soon as you are able after your accident, reach out to us to schedule a meeting. The sooner we can get started, the more likely it is that your case will be resolved promptly. Fill out the form on this page to get started today!
How long does it take to settle a personal injury case?
Although this is a very common question, there is no easy answer. At Larrick Law Firm PC, we promise to handle all matters associated with your case promptly and efficiently, while still providing the skill and attention it deserves. Each case is unique, and a variety of factors can change the length of time your case takes to reach a conclusion. Important factors include:
- The extent of your injuries. The more severe your injuries are, the longer it will take to conclude your case. This is because we want to get an accurate assessment of your medical costs before demanding a settlement.
- The need for future medical treatment. If the accident leaves you with a permanent or long-term disability and you will need surgery, medication, ongoing rehabilitation, therapy, or other services, we want to know this before we settle.
- The insurance company involved. Some insurance companies are just slower to respond than others. Depending on who we are dealing with, your case could be resolved quickly or drag on.
- The particular insurance adjuster assigned. Even within the same company, some adjusters work more slowly than others. We may be working with an adjuster who drags his or her feet to delay the conclusion of a case.
It is important to understand that we work on a contingency fee basis, so we don’t get paid until you do. Thus, we have a clear incentive to conclude your case as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, unexpected problems can arise that are out of our control, including:
- A backlog in the courts
- Conflicting schedules of expert witnesses
- Changes to various aspects of the law
- Other unexpected developments
Trial lawyer Elizabeth Larrick’s many years of experience with personal injury law allow her to confront these challenges head-on. She will work hard to resolve your case as quickly as possible but will never compromise in the services she provides. Call us today to schedule your free initial consultation. You’ll be glad you did!
What does it cost to hire a personal injury trial lawyer?
At the Larrick Law Firm PC, we take personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you won’t pay anything unless and until we settle or win your case. The fees we charge are a percentage of the amount we recover on your personal injury claim. You will know up front what the percentage is and, if we are unsuccessful in resolving your claim, you will owe us nothing.
How This Arrangement Benefits You
When a law firm works on a contingency fee basis, the client benefits in several ways:
- It will cost you nothing to get started. You have just suffered a traumatic accident and are worried about paying medical bills and not being able to work. Knowing you can secure the services of an experienced personal injury trial lawyer with no out-of-pocket costs should be a tremendous relief.
- We will work hard for our fee. Since we only get paid if we win your case, we are motivated to work hard for the maximum possible settlement.
- Claims handled by trial lawyers result in higher settlements. When a personal injury trial lawyer handles an accident claim, insurance companies take notice. We are often able to get higher settlements than claimants working on their own.
- You owe nothing if you don’t win. If we are unsuccessful in proving the other party’s negligence, you will be responsible for covering your own losses, but you won’t owe us a dime.
Your Initial Consultation Is Also Free
When you call to schedule your free consultation, we will explain all of the terms of working together. We will hear your story and let you know what we think we can do for you, but you are under no obligation to hire us. Also at Larrick Law Firm PC, in auto accident cases, there is no fee for handling your property damage claim when we represent you on your personal injury claim. Remember, we get paid only when you get paid, so you have nothing to lose! Connect with our Austin law firm today.
Do I need a personal injury trial lawyer?
If you have been injured due to another person’s negligence or fault, you should at least speak with a trial lawyer before you attempt to talk to an insurance company about your claim. The insurance company has highly trained adjusters who are skilled in getting you to make statements which could ultimately hurt your claim. They will try to get you to provide information that will save them money and help them deny, delay, and defend against your claim.
A Personal Injury Trial Lawyer Will Protect Your Interests
When you hire personal injury trial lawyer Elizabeth Larrick, she will take over all communication with the insurance company and protect you from their tactics. She will work hard to investigate your claim and gather the evidence needed to prove liability and place a value on your damages so that you get the compensation you deserve.
If you have a serious injury, it is particularly important that you retain the services of an experienced personal injury trial lawyer. Accidents involving serious injuries are more complicated for the following reasons:
- Medical expenses can exceed insurance policy limits.
- Catastrophic accidents often expose the victim to trauma that should warrant pain and suffering damages.
- It may take many months to fully recover and know the true cost of your injuries.
- You may also have wage losses, in addition to medical expenses.
- The insurance company for the liable party will fight even harder against a large claim.
Elizabeth has years of experience representing clients who were seriously injured in accidents in Texas, and she will address all of these issues as she fights for you.
Call Larrick Law Firm PC as Soon as Possible
The sooner we are involved in your case to protect the evidence and protect the truth, the more likely it is that your case will be resolved more promptly. Call our Austin office as soon as you are able to after a serious accident. We will get to work right away preparing your claim and allow you the time and space to heal from your injuries.